cat-right

About P3GA

group-picOrganizational meetings commenced in January 1997 at the Mesquite Golf Course in Mesquite, Texas.  The Par 3 Golf Association was established on April 27, 1997.  The FOUNDERS were John A. Woods, Larry Howse, Robert Cann, Allen Avery, Reginald Williams, Bert Williams, Todd Bristow, Thurston “T.J.” Jones, Len Matthews, Mike Evans, Kevin McLain, Bill Huling, Phil Bledsoe, Willie Scott, and Elvin Franklin.   The P3GA/DMC Constitution & By-Laws were adopted on March 21, 1998.  Association has three guiding principles:  (1) Love of golf and its inherent values; (2) Fellowship; and (3) Community Outreach.  Association members have participated in many community outreach projects: $500 to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation; $300 to Shaken Baby Alliance; $1050 to Buckner Foundation Bear The Burden Campaign; $500 to Dallas Challenge Food Bank; $300 to Westview Circle 10 Council Boy Scouts of America; $3000 to families relocated to Garland, Texas in partnership with the Mount Hebron Missionary Baptist Church Hurricane Katrina Project; establishing and annually donating golf equipment and funds to Magee-Brock-Tyrell Mack Youth Golf Clinic and John A. Woods Library in Angie, Louisiana; donating golf balls to Carter High School; and distributing informational brochures on the  Fort Worth-based One Church, One Child adoption program.  Association members have participated in golf tournaments sponsored by churches; Delta Sigma Theta sorority; Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 137;  United States Marine Corps “Toys for Tots” Project; DMCBAA Jimmy Walker Memorial Scholarship Golf Tournament; Southern University Alumni Federation-Dallas Chapter; the Mario Baker Foundation; and Operation OASIS.  The Association has awarded scholarships in honor of John A. Woods and Tyrell Mack (both deceased) as well as FOUNDERS Community Outreach Grants to Mount Hebron’s Food Bank, W.O. Hall Elementary Magnet School, A WORLD FOR CHILDREN, PRIDE & HOPE MINISTRY and Mount Hebron’s Angel Tree Mission.